First, the translation services supported 5 languages and 12 language combinations, and included text editor, back translation, printing and email.
Later on more languages and new language tools have been added, such as virtual keyboard (2002), online spellchecker (2003), Russian decoder (2003) and others.
- The current version of PROMT-Online supports 55 languages or 2970 language combinations.
- The translation is powered by three translation providers: Google Translate, Microsoft Bing Translator, and PROMT-Online.
- The automatic language detection identifies the source language on-the-fly.
- The text-to-speech tool converts text into voice for 10 languages.
- The voice streaming is supported by Flash player and HTML5 player.
- The redesigned virtual keyboard allows you to input text in the languages not supported by your computer.
- The service is touchscreen freindly.
With PROMT-Online you can do the following:
- input text in many languages using the virtual keyboard or special characters list
- translate words, phrases and texts between 55 languages
- check spelling in 8 languages
- detect the language of the source text
- see the back translation
- use the Russian decoder to convert an unreadable Russian text
- listen to the original text and its translation in 10 languages
- switch on the fly between Flash player and HTML5 player for voice playback
- print translation
PROMT-Online remains one of the most visited online translation services among many others developed afterward.
- multilingual text input
- automatic language detection
- spelling checking
- online translation
- back translation
- Russian text decoding
- text-to-voice conversion
- interface localization
- text editor
- virtual keyboard
- online translator
- 3 translation providers
- automatic language detector
- Russian decoder
- back translation
Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Esperanto, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish
Just enter text for translation, choose the translation direction, and translation provider, and click Translate.
Just choose the translation which looks better to you.
Just mark the checkbox "Auto detect" next to the language selection, and the language of the source text will be instantly identified.
You can enter texts by clicking on the virtual keyboard or by using the physical keyboard. The virtual keyboard intercepts the physical keyboard to allow you typing the familiar way.
The spellchecker supports English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian languages.
This is the easy way to check the accuracy of the translation, adjust the original text to get more understandable translation result.
The large text is divided into meaningful segments and synchronously highlighted for easy following. You can switch between the Flash player and HTML5 player on the fly.
If you do like this service, share this online translator with your friends or leave your comments on Facebook (f) or Twitter (t).